BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Week 11- Letter to the organizer (UFEST)

Wednesday August 11, 2010
Good morning:
Mr/s. Ufest organizer:


I would like to congratulate you for such wonderful, educational, and inspiring activities that you schedule during the University Festival. I think that they were very interesting for each one of the ULACIT’s students. Even though I couldn’t attend all of them, the ones I attended were very interacting, but the most important thing is that I learn a lot from them.

ULACIT is an admiring and prestigious university that form professionals and educate persons. It is a university which worries about the formation of citizens and students as a whole.

The first activity I attended, I had the pleasure of learning about the food dishes of many countries such as Brazil, Spain, The United States, and others; dishes that I have never heard nor knew before. Furthermore, my knowledge increases with some history concerning music and cinematography. This activity, which the Composition’s students were in charge of, overpasses my expectations. It was a very enriching activity in all those areas.

Then I attended the Escats’ concert, which was very nice. Before this concert I have never known anything about this national band, but after it I staid impressed about the band members’ voices and the meaningful lyrics of each song they sang. During the concert, Escats members’ gave us some small speeches and anecdotes. From those anecdotes I learned how we as persons should start to appreciate those who are around us caring for us, and also to do not let others take away our dreams and goals.

Finally, in one day I enjoyed of two activities. The first one I attended was in the lobby where there were a national band group and dancers dressed with cultural clothing presenting some of the typical dances of Costa Rica. After their presentation; some people started to share us a few traditional and typical dishes of our country. In the other activity I attended; there were presentations about the history, geography, fauna, flora, religion, clothing, and many other aspects from countries such as Australia, New Zeeland, Slovakia, England, etc… In both activities l leaned about my county and other countries around the world. I consider all this information very useful because I will be able to apply it in any moment of my life, regardless of my profession.

We as students should be educated in all areas from the cultural, professional to the civic, and that is what this kind of activities such as the UFEST do. Great job Mr/s. Organizer!

Thank you for your attention,

Best regards

----------------------------------
Skeisha Sheriff Smith
ULACIT English Teaching and Translation’s student

0 comments: